Monday, May 14, 2007

Why the Mariners Lose


`P
rophet!' said I, `thing of evil! - prophet still, if bird or devil! -
Whether tempter sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore,
Desolate yet all undaunted, on this desert land enchanted -
On this home by horror haunted - tell me truly, I implore -
Is there - is there balm in Jason Davis? - tell me - tell me, I implore!'
Quoth the Hargrove,
"You can't get too many power arms in your bullpen."
And the Hargrove, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Griffey just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

3 comments:

Chi-Wei Hu said...

Anybody remember Doug Creek? Exactly. This southpaw from Tampa Bay was supposed to be the Mariners' future. Where's he now? Where is he now?

Schmutz has failed on what may be the biggest day for Mariners' birthdays this year. Shame.

Today:
Joey Cora - 42 years old
Pat Borders - 44
Shawn Barton - 44
Dennis Martinez - 52

Yesterday:
Bobby Valentine - 57
Juan Beniquez - 57

May 12:
Rafael Bournigal - 41

Sometimes I just don't know about this Web site. No pickup game tonight.

Unknown said...

I sometimes think this site and its readership have their heads completely up the asses. Here were are on May 16 and the site ain't been updated, that poor son of bitch is probably still sitting out at the field waiting for some pickup ball and Jim Mecir is a year older. What is this, a site run by Ken Behring? I have just about had it. And will someone, anyone please meet Chiwei for some after school basketball?

Chi-Wei Hu said...

I am not some pathetic loser who waits around Dahl Field for anyone to show up, Carlester. I just thought it would be fun for people with the same interests to have a place to go and hang out. Sheesh. Get a life, man, seriously. What are you doing to make this a better Web site? One person really can ruin it for the rest of us. Speaking of which, I think you know where I'll be tonight, Seatown Rags lovers.

Happy 31st Birthday Jose Guillen, and happy 33rd birthday Wiki Gonzalez!